Monday, November 25, 2013

14A; A Breather for Turkey Day!

That day we have all been waiting for since September is finally here! No, not Christmas, Thanksgiving break. Tomorrow will be my last day at Southern before the five day break and I could not be more excited! Although I will miss all of my friends here, I cannot wait to see all my friends from back home and my family. It will be nice to reunite with all of the kids from South Windsor who have gone their separate ways and also my younger friends still in high school. Especially with the semester coming to a close, I am going to take full advantage of this break and hopefully get de-stressed.
                On Wednesday, I plan on treating my mom and myself to a manicure and pedicure because these have always been so relaxing and your nails should look nice for the holiday! Also on this day, I will join my friend Stephanie to visit our teacher in middle school. Mr. Savage was one of the friendliest and personable teacher I’ve ever had, and we developed a unique relationship with him. He was always there to talk and we helped him during any free periods we had just because we had so much fun in his presence. He was recently diagnosed with Stage Four Esophageal and Liver Cancer so we would like to take this opportunity to go visit him as he still teaches at the middle school, such a strong individual. Then we arrive at Turkey Day! Thursday morning, I will be attending the high school football game against our rivals, Rockville. It is a tradition and almost the whole town comes out to support so it will surely be fun! After this, I will go to my aunt’s house and eat until I drop. The worst time to hop on the scale is during the holidays let me tell you! Friday’s escapades include Black Friday shopping with my dad, we are always the crazy people waiting in those long lines outside. We just have so much fun and believe it or not, is such a great bonding experience!

                To get ready for finals, I will definitely be organizing my work from the semester and reading over my notes to start wrapping up this semester. I have a whole lot more work than I thought I would so hopefully it won’t interrupt too much of my break. I know I need to complete it but I also feel as though I’ve been working so hard for the past thirteen or so weeks and as the article says, “A new and growing body of multidisciplinary research shows that strategic renewal — including daytime workouts, short afternoon naps, longer sleep hours, more time away from the office and longer, more frequent vacations — boosts productivity, job performance and, of course, health.” Have a lovely Thanksgiving everyone! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment