#3- As the end of the semester quickly creeps up on us, it
only means two things. The crazy preparation for finals begins and so does flu
season. It is important for all students to realize that as much as they want
to get that A, they need to be conscious of their body and how they are taking
care of it. If you even start to feel symptoms, it might be a good idea to
visit the Granoff Student Health Center which is located on Wintergreen Avenue,
right across the street from my dorm. An appointment is required to be seen but
being proactive is much better than suffering in the end.
I visited
the health center this week because I was feeling under the weather, as many students
are. I found out that they are open Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. until 4:30
p.m., and Fridays 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. All of the staff there are happy to
help and such personable people. I was interested in tips on stress and how to
reduce as much as possible so that I don’t destroy my body in the process and
they recommended learning how to recognize the warning signs such as fatigue,
short temper, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, etc. Next, concentrate on
eating healthy, avoiding drugs and alcohol, having a good cry, and my favorite,
LAUGH. I will remember these when preparing for finals and hopefully have a
smooth transition through the end of the semester. Wash your hands & stay
healthy everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment