12I; Presentations!
This week I had the pleasure of attending two different
presentations held by Career Services and also by Programs Council. The first
presentation on Tuesday was called “The Candidate” and was an interactive
presentation which gave suggestions on how to stand out in any interview,
reviewed resumes and even had mock interviews. Everyone who attended was
required to bring their resume and dress as if they were going to an interview.
I learned that eye contact and personality are crucial in an interview and also
to anticipate questions you might be asked such as “What are your strengths and
experience?” Emphasizing your leadership skills, willingness to learn new
things, and creativity in problem solving collectively are tactics you can
implement when in an interview.
On
Wednesday, I attended Sex Ed Boot camp presented by Dr. Joni Frater and Esther
Lastique. It was a comical and informational take on topics that need to be
discussed especially when health is on the line. It was set up as a conversation
rather than a lecture for the sole purpose of audience members feeling
comfortable to ask questions and give their input. Surprisingly, they also
touched on equality and a little about bullying people who are different than
ourselves and I thought this was significant so we can eliminate the hate as
much as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment