Thursday, November 21, 2013

13B; Video Creativity

“Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.” 
― Roger Crawford

Referring back to articles of the past, creativity can be defined as a different way of thinking, and may include, but is not limited to the arts. It can also be looked a as formind new ideas, and in this project, new ideas or ways to get involved at Southern. Applying this into a video project is an opportunity to show uniqueness and also stand out from the rest. But how on earth can I accomplish this?
                College students are always being told to get involved on campus and to build their resume, so my topic will be able to show how exactly to get involved and also the many different options they have to get involved. To incorporate creativity, I will include a skit which will put viewers in multiple situations that they can relate to and solutions to these. I also plan to include fun and upbeat music so that getting involved seems like fun instead of looked at as a chore. The music will also keep viewers interested and eager to keep watching to see what comes next. Furthermore, I could add humor into the skit, even though this may be difficult because I am horrible at making jokes, but I am always up for a challenge! Next, to stand out from the rest of the videos, I plan to play around with and try to learn the basics of a program called Go Animate! which makes cartoon videos and I can add them into my video project. Furthermore, I will provide creative solutions to solve the problems and explain how different situations might benefit different genders, different schedules, and different people, and back them up with support and evidence to make them more believable.

                As mentioned in the blog, a measure of success is how well students adapt to new situations, tackle challenges, and being creative problem solvers. Making videos is certainly a new situation to me, definitely looked at as a challenge and hopefully by this standard I will not fall short, and come out on top with a successful video project.
What are ways you will incorperate creativity into your video? Is creativity important in video making?

No comments:

Post a Comment