“Everything you can imagine is real.”
― Pablo Picasso
In class today, we were asked what we felt we needed work on
after reflecting back on this semester. I definitely feel that I need to stop
putting off projects and start looking at them earlier to ease my way through
instead of cramming at the last second. So here I go, starting a few weeks
before my due date of my rough draft!
For this
final video project, I am focusing on the obstacles of getting involved here on
campus and solutions that may help such as joining Greek life, athletics,
service, and also involving yourself academically. To enhance the video with
college-level thinking, I will incorporate many inquiry questions to allow viewers to be able to evaluate various ways of answering them. An example of this might be, “How will getting involved
improve my overall experience at Southern?” I will then go on to back up this
question with support such as facts and statistics from research that I have
been conducting. An interesting point I found was from The National Survey of Student Engagement and it shows that student
success is directly linked to student involvement. Including facts such as this
will back up my claim and help to create the college-level thinking which is
needed.
Towards the end, I will put in
my video how getting involved during the college years can help build a resume
which will make you a more plausible candidate when applying for a job, just as
having multiple extra-curricular activities in high school helped when applying
to college. Furthermore, I can look at the side of getting involved which will
help you grow as a person and make you better-rounded since that is part of the
purpose of a Liberal Arts education. The different experiences within these different
types of activities we are offered can broaden our knowledge outside of the
classroom, help to create educated citizens and also might surprise us with
career opportunities that we never could picture ourselves in. also with this, I
can show the benefits of getting involved and how you can recognize personal strengths
and weaknesses and self-reflect to better yourself. So not only will I be
showing why it is important to others to get involved, but more importantly,
how it can benefit you and reward you now and in the long run.
What defines college-level thinking? What elements will you incorperate in your video to make it college-level?
No comments:
Post a Comment