Wednesday, October 30, 2013

10I; Just Do It.

  Now that midterms are over, I can finally get back to my normal, rigorous gym routine. The gym is a way to get away from the stresses of school while being healthy. Many college students will fall into the habit of eating when they are bored, but I am glad we are provided with a fitness center here on campus so this does not happen to me!
                The SCSU Fitness Center is located on the second floor of the Adanti Student Center and is open Monday through Thursday from 7am-10pm, Friday 7am-8pm, Saturday 9:30-4:30, and Sunday 2-7. A full back tee-shirt is required along with athletic pants, no jeans are allowed. Also, iPods are only permitted with headphones and for health reasons, you must spray and wipe down machines after you are finished using them. It is such a friendly environment and I highly recommend joining the fitness center to all students. They offer a one week free trial to try it out, and after this it is sixty dollars a semester, which isn’t bad compared to other gyms. Another plus to joining the fitness center is that your membership includes all classes. Most other gyms require extra fees for you to participate in these so it is pretty awesome that it is included. I have tried Ploxing, Zumba, Boot Camp, and Ab Lab and my favorites would have to be Zumba because I love dancing and also Boot Camp and Ab Lab because you can feel your muscles working and get the most soreness after. No one wants to gain that freshman fifteen, so pump your legs and get movin’!


No comments:

Post a Comment