Saturday, October 12, 2013

7V; Live Strong

              “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” 



  Prior to this week’s readings, I only saw the negative side of failure in that the dictionary defines it with negative connotation as, “the lack of success.” However, I now see failure as the opportunity to better yourself and learn things about yourself you couldn’t learn in any other way, just as JK Rowling mentioned. In this way, there can be a kind of success of gaining knowledge and lessons. These lessons can essentially lead you to success after rooting the flaws and getting rid of them, this is called deliberate practice. I would now define the word failure as, a natural human occurrence in which weaknesses are highlighted and provide openings to improve. I am also not as afraid of failure now looking at it from a different point of view and believe everyone should be aware of this positivity that can be the outcome of it. Furthermore, I think a lot more people should see failures as minor setbacks and should not be an excuse to give up. They should not be obstructive to your dreams and also can not define you.
             New words I learned this week included ratiocination which means, “the process of logical reasoning.” Also, I was presented with the word, omphalos, “the central point.” I should probably use ratiocination while attempting to better my study skills!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment