Saturday, October 5, 2013

6V; Light at the End of the Tunnel


“Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans.” 
― 
Peter F. Drucker
                When I think of the word persistence, I automatically think back to elementary school when I was determined to learn how to ride a bike. I’m sure almost everyone can relate to this in that every time I got off balance and fell, I would always get back on my pink Barbie bike and try again. With many skinned knees and elbows, I was not a happy camper, but the point is that I didn’t give up. I persisted to push through the challenge of falling to finally perfect riding a bike. Putting myself out there and almost being vulnerable, gave me a certain sense of courage to keep trying because I knew I could do it. This idea is mentioned in “Can We Gain Strength from Shame,” and I indeed agree. Furthermore, I believe this took a certain grit also because I stuck with it over a few weeks until I got the hang of it. This can apply on a larger scale to my life today because college is not easy. Although, with persistence and grit, I can get through with the grades I would like.

    A new word this week was, “sleuth,” which is a verb meaning, “to act as a detective: search for information,” or can mean, “to search for and discover.” This week, I sleuthed through the library for information on Cloud Computing for my research paper. Another new word includes, “presage,” which is a verb that means, “foretell or predict.” My professors have all presaged for an excellent semester with a lot of learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment