“Clear eyes, full
hearts, can’t lose.”- Friday Night Lights
We waved our flags and screamed our
hearts out in spirit of SCSU’s football team this past Saturday. Colors of blue
and white streamed across our faces as the Owls were ready to fight and take on
Merrimack College. Through perseverance and hard-work, Southern came out on top
to win the game 40-34, which serves as their first win.
I am more than overjoyed to know
that there is a football team here on campus and home games that we can attend
because football is my favorite sport to watch. It also gives us, as a
university, a chance to come together and support each other outside of the
classroom, as we also do inside of it. It was nice to look up and see the
entire set of bleachers engulfed in fans who came out to route on Southern. Although
the cold crept up our bodies, we were able to witness the entire game and the
outstanding game played by our team. I think a lot can be learned through football
and through watching it since I was little, I have learned that it of course
takes physical strength and training, but is also a very mental game. The motivation
and will power put into going to practice every day and always getting knocked
down, can show to get right back up. I loved attending the home football game
and tailgating beforehand and will definitely be in attendance with my parents
on Family Day for the next home game!

No comments:
Post a Comment