Saturday, September 7, 2013

2B; Involve Yourself!

"A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step"
-Lao Tzu

       Free your mind, open its doors to the endless possibilities. In life, I believe that recognizing your weaknesses and downfalls and improving upon them is one of the most important lessons we can learn. High school was an opportunity to begin the process of finding ourselves such as what we enjoy, or who we belong to be around. One of my biggest regrets from these past four years was the failure to join and participate in more clubs. The French National Honors Society was the solo club I was a part of because I was so focused on getting back to playing soccer and dancing, that I was close-minded to becoming part of more academic clubs or community service based organizations.  
      This year, I have decided I would like to join at least two clubs at Southern and stick with them to get the experience of what they really are about. Surprisingly, I have taken action already by attending the street fair the first week and actually taking the initiative to go up to the tables and inquire about them. After many conversations with all different types of people, I decided to put my contact information down for the Symphonic Pulse Dance Team and the Programs Council. Dancing all my life, I was so pleased to find out the chance was there for dance being an actual club. Sending chills from the tips of your toes, to the top of your head and cutting ties of any stress, dance allows me to fly away. Words cannot describe how excited I am to be able to continue this onto my college career. Secondly, Programs Council grabbed my attention in that I will be exposed to all different types of activities here on campus and be able to actually plan them. From the way the two ladies who run this club described it, Programs Council sounds rewarding and a lot of amusement is involved. Monday is the first meeting and I am excited to be able to meet a bunch of new people and be able to offer my suggestions to ensure these events have high attendance and therefore will be even better.


     Goal setting is nothing new to me, but optimistically the ability to fulfill my goals will come through and will only help me in the end. My hopes are to become a better-rounded person, interact with new people, and have fun in the process by joining these clubs!







No comments:

Post a Comment