Saturday, September 7, 2013

2V; Taking Action


“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.” 

       Take initiative to better yourself, to challenge yourself. Take the initiative to share your opinions and views, to get involved. Take initiative to find who you are. To me, this word means the act of taking something upon yourself or in other words, doing something on your own. I feel it is a word of empowerment and can also show independence. In class while discussing the readings for the past week, we discussed tips for success and this word came up. Taking the initiative to ask questions when unsure is one we conversed about and one I should really take into consideration, even though I can be shy at times. I see this word to be of importance pertaining to our class and others because we all need to take initiative to share our ideas; bring them to the table. Each individual will have something different and interesting to say and could really create an interesting, intelligent conversation to enhance our learning.

      This week, I came across the word discontented in the article, “The ‘Learning Knights’ of Bell Telephone.”[1] Using the dictionary, I found this adjective to mean, “not content; dissatisfied.” I know I am discontent with people who are constantly negative and will use this meaty word next time I come across someone of this nature. In history class, the word divinity came up. After looking up the definition for the noun, it instead included the adjective form, “divine” and this word means, “of pertaining to a god.” It was used in the context of talking about various civilizations and the religions supporting them. All in all, I am very content in taking the initiative to expand and enrich my vocabulary as required in these assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment