Saturday, September 7, 2013

2I; The Climb

“Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.” –Andy Rooney
               
      #18- Crashing down like a bunch of bricks on me in the Lyman Center, it finally hit me. I have taken the initiative to further my education and landed right here at Southern. Looking around, I saw some recognizable faces, most were new to me, and saw faculty members I have not yet had the chance to come in contact with. Those strangers are my classmates, and the faculty, I will soon learn, are my support here.

                The new student convocation today was a humbling experience that I am glad I attended. It was a scarce chance for the university as a whole to come together and show just how eager and excited each one of us is to be starting our college career. As members from the class of 2017 got up on stage and read pledges, I was so proud and realized how lucky I am to be here. Furthermore, I enjoyed hearing the president of this institution speak about the changes and improvements they are constantly making here to ensure we are surrounded with the best education and environment possible. “This university constantly grows and develops, just as all of you are,” she proclaimed. I liked these words she gave to keep reminding myself that I still have so much ahead of me and excites me for all of the endless possibilities. 

How can we constantly push ourselves to ensure our full potential is reached?


No comments:

Post a Comment