Thursday, August 29, 2013

1I; Into the Darkness

“You miss one hundred percent of the shots you don’t take.”- Wayne Gretsky

  Darkness filled with bright lights and deafening music. A happiness and positive energy took me by the hand and greeted me at the door along with free glow sticks, candy, sweets, you name it.

    Last night, I attended the Southern Connecticut State University “Welcome Back Dance.” I was fearful of how it would turn out, but I went anyway. One of my goals coming to college was to get involved and try new things. Dancing is obviously not a new activity for me, but I knew that if I went, the opportunities to meet new people were endless, and wouldn't you know I was right. Dancing my heart out, I met people from New York, Massachusetts, and all over Connecticut in such an amusing atmosphere. It was pleasing to me to know that I took a chance and ended up with such a positive outcome. How can we push ourselves to take risks and get involved? How easy is it for us to open up to each other without fear of being judged?


No comments:

Post a Comment