Reading other styles of writing can
sometimes be challenging, especially when we are unfamiliar with them or
disagree with what they have to offer. After maneuvering through various types
of blogs, I found most to be interesting and grabbing to the reader. For
instance, in the Productive Flourishing blog, they provided a catchy slogan of,
“We help businesses and organizations start finishing the stuff that matters”.
This helps to back up their purpose and clearly states what they are trying to
accomplish in the blog.
A common trait throughout all of
the blogs, whether it be on the New York Times, or an individually created
dance blog, was the use of images and video, rich vocabulary, and ending with a
rhetorical question to leave readers pondering. I really liked these blogs
because I felt with all of these elements, the blog came alive and I was able
to relate or fully think about what they are trying to get across. A stand out
question came from the Productive Flourishing blog included, “What are questions
you ask yourself to get you going?” and left me thinking.
One of the blogs was alienated when I read
through it. Rebecca’s Pocket was a blog that was able to leave impressions on
me but was very vague and I felt as though it lacked in detail. It did provide
links to enrich the blog but even though the quantity of words used doesn't
necessarily matter, I felt the quality was not there. I was expecting to end
the reading thinking about a new idea or thought but this did not happen when
reading her blog. In my blog, I plan to be clear and concise about the topic. From
this arises my goal of wanting to develop an idea through my posts and also
having others being able to relate and connect to my posts. How can we
efficiently connect to each other without losing who we really are?
“To prevail, you must first listen”- Sonia Sotomayor

No comments:
Post a Comment