“The secret of happiness is freedom, the secret of freedom is courage.”
― Carrie Jones
After a
semester full of hard work, we are finally free. We are rewarded with a whole
month to relax and spend time with our families for the holidays. This freedom
is much needed after sixteen weeks of non-stop work, pressure, and
determination. Freedom, however, can be looked at from many different points of
view. We live in a country full of freedoms outlined in the Bill of Rights. Some
of these include freedom of speech, press, and religion. As I have many loved
ones in the armed forces, I have heard countless times that freedom isn’t free,
this is just something for all of us to think about. There are many people risking
their lives to protect the countries freedoms and I would like to take the time
to wish them happy holidays as most of them cannot be home with their families.
Furthermore, I am thankful to have the freedom to make mistakes especially in
college in that it provides me to improve and progress to be the best I can be.
As I conclude my last blog posts, I will go make myself a nice cup of hot
chocolate and sit by the Christmas tree to start my month of freedom.
A new
word this week is ochlophobia, a noun meaning, “an abnormal fear of crowds,”
and also klaxon, also a noun meaning, “a loud electric horn, formerly
used on automobiles, trucks, etc., and now often used as a warning signal.”
No comments:
Post a Comment